ITV is said to have given up on Gino D’Acampo’s cooking show after only airing two episodes.
The broadcaster allegedly decided to cancel the show as part of the most recent concussion reports mirror.
Gino’s Cooking Up Love airs on ITV in late 2022, in which the much-loved chef helps singles find romance through food selection.
After two episodes of the show – set in Sardinia – aired, discussions between executives at ITV and the production company Triple Brew eventually led to the show’s cancellation, according to reports. information resource.
“There were meaningful discussions about making sequels, but in the end it was decided to abandon the idea.
“ITV is still working with Gino on several other shows this year,” a source told The Sun.
Gino’s Cooking Up Love sees six singles go head-to-head in the kitchen in hopes of cooking up a storm to impress a potential true love.
Gino observes the contestants as they cook together.
Together they have ventured on day trips to visit some of the island’s stunning sites.
Both episodes aired late last year – and are still available to watch on ITVX.
The celebrity chef returned to This Morning on Tuesday and mocked Phillip Schofield’s dramatic departure from the daytime show.
Appearing on Tuesday morning, the 46-year-old addressed the scandal while visiting the studio with Holly and Dermot O’Leary.
While introducing himself and the fun things he’ll be cooking in the kitchen, Gino explains he’s ‘not allowed to do anything with eggplant’ before quipping: “Everything’s under control, I’m back. should know?”
Dermot then looked at Holly and joked, “This is the last time we see Gino on This Morning.”
Earlier this year, Gino “blinded” her co-stars after announcing her abrupt departure from the ITV series Gordon, Gino and Fred: Road Trip.
At the time, Gino revealed that he would not be able to continue the ITV food and travel show – reassuring fans that his friendship with his former colleagues had nothing to do with him. quit his job and his ‘strong’ relationship with them meant more than that. him rather than arguing the contract.
“Last week I decided not to film any more Gordon, Gino and Fred Road trips. The reason is simple – it has nothing to do with Gordon or Fred, the friendship is strong,” he told his followers in a shocking Instagram video post.
“It’s just that we can’t date each other and sometimes when we do date, sometimes they get changed and that causes a lot of problems for me because I have other things to do.
“Personal issues are the same because when I have to change things with my family it is very complicated and also because of contracts.”
And in an interview with the Mirror following the Gino news, maitre d’Fred said: “You just have to go with the flow of life, some things come and some things go. It’s great, we enjoyed a lot. it, we had fun while it lasted and now it’s not going to happen again.”
Get the latest celebrity gossip and news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our daily Showbiz newsletter This .