Health officials warn against consuming chocolate inder products that have been linked to a salmonella outbreak over Easter weekend.

A “rapid outbreak assessment” released by the European Food Safety Authority and the European Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said they matched the same strain of salmonella that is currently infecting humans. with samples taken from a factory in Belgium last December.

A UK recall of some Kinder chocolate products has been expanded to include all those made at this location since June, regardless of their best date. what.

Agencies, including the Food Standards Agency (FSA) and the UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) have warned against eating Kinder Surprise, Kinder Mini Eggs, Kinder Surprise 100g and Kinder Schokobons.

As of 15 April, there are 70 cases linked to this outbreak in the UK, with the majority of cases in children under the age of 5.

Dame Jenny Harries, UKHSA chief executive, said: “We are reminding everyone of the recall over this Bank Holiday weekend as it is possible these products were purchased and stored as gifts or for events like the Easter trail.

“It is important that these products are not eaten and discarded. Salmonella infections can be serious and many children affected by this outbreak have become very unwell and hospitalized, so anyone giving chocolate products to friends or family should take care to make sure they are not affected. their Easter gifts are not among the recalled products. “

Emily Miles, chief executive officer of the FSA, said: “As we head into the Easter weekend, we strongly urge consumers to follow the advice in the latest recall notice and inspect any products. Kinder they may have purchased than detailed in the announcement, as they may pose a health risk.

“If they have any products on the list, they shouldn’t eat them and should get rid of them immediately.”

Symptoms of salmonella bacteria include diarrhea, stomach cramps, nausea, vomiting, and fever.

Anyone concerned they may have salmonellosis is advised to contact their GP or call NHS 111.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here