spot_img
HomeCultureJulian Sands’ family releases first statement since his disappearance

Julian Sands’ family releases first statement since his disappearance

The family of Julian Sands has released its first statement since the British actor disappeared while hiking in California five months ago.

The statement comes a week after the search for Sands, 65, in the Mount Baldy area of ​​the San Gabriel Mountains resumed on June 17.

“We continue to hold Julian in our hearts with bright memories of him as a wonderful father, husband, adventurer, lover of the natural world and the arts, and at the same time. is a unique and collaborative performer,” the family statement said.

Sands, best known for her breakout role in the 1985 film A room with a view, has been married for more than three decades to journalist Evgenia Citkowitz and has three grown children.

They said they were “extremely grateful to the search teams and coordinators who worked tirelessly to find Julian.”

Search efforts for the actor slowed down around mid-February, after rescue teams were repeatedly hampered by adverse weather conditions.

Sands, a longtime hiking and climbing enthusiast, was reported missing on January 13 after setting off to hike the massive mountain, more than 10,000 feet (3,048 meters) to the east. Los Angeles and was devastated by hurricanes during the winter.

(Beautiful pictures)

Authorities said that while warmer weather made the latest search possible, parts of the mountain remained inaccessible due to dangerous conditions.

Since Sands went missing, the sheriff’s department has conducted eight searches and spent more than 500 hours in total.

Watch Apple TV+ for free for 7 days

New subscribers only. £6.99/month. after free trial. Plan automatically renews until canceled

Try free

AppleTV+ logo

Watch Apple TV+ for free for 7 days

New subscribers only. £6.99/month. after free trial. Plan automatically renews until canceled

Try free

The actor’s family previously praised the “heroic” efforts of the California government involved in the search and was “deeply moved” by the support they have received.

His brother, Nick Sands, said Craven’s messenger at the end of January: “He’s still not been declared missing, presumed dead, but in my heart I know he’s gone.”

Anyone with additional information about Sands is asked to call Detective B Meelker at +1 (909) 356-6710.

Additional Associated Press reporting

spot_img

latest articles

explore more