Today is going to be another exciting day, but enjoy it while you can: We’re kicking off this weekend.
- Weather today: Cool, sunny
- beach: Peak in the mid-60s
- Mountain: Patchy fog, high in the mid-60s
- inland: Peak in the mid 80s
what to expect?
Highs this afternoon will range from 60 degrees at the beach to around 70 degrees downtown, while temperatures in the coastal valleys will peak in the mid-70s, then reach 80 degrees. weekend.
In the Coachella Valley, temperatures will be scorching hot. Temperatures will drop as low as the mid-90s today and get as hot as 106 degrees on Saturday in the low desert.
This weekend, temperatures are forecast to be warmer than usual for this time of year, including an 80s low in most of LA on Saturday. More unusually warm weather could continue into next week, although we could still see some “May Grey”.
This day in history
In 1987, SoCal suffered severe thunderstorms. The strongest battle between Perris and Mission Viejo, with winds reaching over 60 mph.
Things to do
Before you shut your brains off for the weekend, listen to some ideas on how to tackle LA’s homelessness crisis:
- Surviving Homelessness & Foster Care: The ALOUD series presents a conversation between David Ambroz, the bestselling author of A place called homeand LA Mayor Karen Bass at Mark Taper Auditorium in Central Library. Ambroz shares how he survived the streets of New York City and then the violence in the foster care facility. He offers his ideas, “informed through life experience and policy expertise, to address foster care, address homelessness, and at the same time build a more humane and compassionate nation.”
Check out our full list of things to do this week and the weekend.
Do you have a question about Southern California?