Debris from the Titan was brought ashore by deep-sea robots Wednesday as the US Coast Guard resumes recovery operations from the submarine’s catastrophic explosion.
The wreckage of the Titan ship was first seen in images after the Coast Guard announced on June 22 that the ROV (remote-controlled vehicle) had found its compartments in a sea of debris a few miles away. Titanic’s bow 1,600 ft, about 12,000 ft below the surface ocean.
The Pelagic Research Service, the company that operates the ROV that made the previous debris detections, said on Wednesday that its team has successfully completed offshore operations and is now in the process of being discharged from the army. 10 working days. The company said a press conference will be held later in the day.
Photographs from the jetty show what appears to be several pieces of the submersible being lifted off the ship, including the conical bow with distinctive circular windows. The pieces were unloaded from the American ships Sycamore and Horizon Arctic at a port in St John’s, Newfoundland.
The US Coast Guard declined to comment on the investigation or the return of the debris to shore. Representatives from the National Transportation Safety Board and the Canadian Transportation Safety Board (TSB), both involved in the investigation, also declined to comment.
TSB spokesman Liam MacDonald said: “We are unable to provide any further information at this time as the investigation is ongoing.
Titan CEO Stockton Rush, British billionaire Hamish Harding, famous French diver Paul-Henri Nargeolet and Pakistani businessman Shahzada Dawood and their 19-year-old son Suleman were on board. Titan when it exploded last week.
The submersible lost contact with the mother ship Polar Prince just an hour and 45 minutes after landing on the wreck of the Titanic on June 18, sparking a frantic four-day search. Authorities and maritime experts from Canada, the United States and France scoured much of the ocean in the hope of finding signs of life before the tragic developments on June 22.
The Coast Guard said last week that the US Navy had detected sounds consistent with “bangs or bangs” after the submarine disappeared and before rescue efforts were underway. The Coast Guard said rescue efforts were continuing at the time because information was unclear.
A group of international agencies is currently investigating a possible cause of the submersible exploding, and US maritime officials say they will issue a report aimed at improving the safety of the submersibles. Around the world.
The Coast Guard said over the weekend that salvage operations were ongoing, but that recovering the bodies would be difficult due to “extreme conditions” on the ocean floor. The International Maritime Organization will issue the final report.