HomeNews UKMan arrested at London hospital after two people stabbed

Man arrested at London hospital after two people stabbed

  • By Adriana Elgueta
  • BBC news

image captions,

Two people were stabbed, one is in critical condition

A man has been arrested after two people were stabbed at Central Middlesex Hospital in London.

One of the casualties had life-threatening injuries and London Ambulance Service said it treated them at the scene.

The Metropolitan Police said a third person had “injured himself” and was arrested.

The hospital was temporarily locked down but has now reopened with a higher police presence.

Officers will remain at the site while searches are carried out but the Met said they are satisfied that no one else is being searched.

Staff were evacuated from the building while the case was being processed.

image source, Avatar

image captions,

Staff waiting outside the hospital after being evacuated from the building

The force added that it is not considered terrorism-related.

The NHS Trust of Northwestern University London, which runs the hospital, said the building had been locked down as a “precautionary measure”.

In a tweet, the trust said: “While our clinics are reopening, we may have to reschedule your appointment if we are unable to see you today.”

London Ambulance Service said that in addition to sending “one incident responder, one advanced paramedic, one ambulance crew, one rapid response vehicle doctor”, it has dispatched a response team danger zone and London’s air ambulance to the scene.

image captions,

Armed police are responding to an incident at Central Middlesex Hospital in London

Brent Central Labor MP Dawn Butler told BBC Radio London: “The police have a lot under control of the situation.

“They’ve arrested someone and I think the situation is a lot calmer now.

“It is quite reassuring that the police at this stage are not looking for anyone else, and they have the whole situation in their hands.”

She added: “The extra stress when you’re in the hospital isn’t great, so I’m grateful that the police acted so quickly and got this under control as quickly as they did.”


latest articles

explore more