What do the warning colors mean?
- Hazardous weather is expected, and if you haven’t already done so, you should take action now to keep yourself and others safe from the impacts of severe weather.
- Risk to life is highly likely, with significant disruption to travel, energy supplies and possible widespread damage to property and infrastructure.
- The likelihood of being affected by severe weather is increasing, potentially disrupting your plans.
- This means there is the potential for travel delays, road and rail closures, power cuts and potential risk to life and property.
- Yellow warnings can be issued for a range of weather situations.
- It is important to read the text of the yellow warning to determine which weather condition is being warned.
The warning is in effect for: