The world’s most attractive tourist destinations have been revealed in a new ranking.
Tripadvisor has released a list of the best travel experiences and attractions in its Travelers’ Choice Best of the Best Things to Do awards of 2023.
Data from global traveler reviews was analyzed from May 2022 to April 2023 to compile a list of winners.
The awards include the main prize, Top Overall Experience, along with 10 other categories including Top Attractions, Amusement and Waterparks, Team List Experience, Sailing and day excursions and family friendly experiences.
A full day tour to the Hawaiian island of Oahu was awarded the best experience in the world in 2023. A Thai cooking course in Chiang Mai, Thailand ranked second, followed by a tour of Ubud in Bali, ranked third.
Meanwhile, the world’s top attraction in 2023 is the Basílica de la Sagrada Familia in Barcelona, Spain. The Colosseum in Rome, Italy comes in second, while Anne Frank House in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, comes in third.
When it comes to the top experiences in the UK, Tripadvisor has awarded the Historic London Pub Walk, the High Speed Thames Cruise and the Edinburgh Chocolate Chocolatarium Tour Experience for the last time. in first, second and third place.
The UK’s top three attractions are named Royal Yacht Britannia in Edinburgh, the National Gallery in London and the Tower of London.
The UK has also repeatedly featured in the Global Best Amusement and Water Parks list for 2023. Blackpool Pleasure Beach comes in at number eight, up six places from last year. Galactic Adventure Park in Clovelly, Devon comes in at 10th place, while Alton Towers Resort and Drayton Manor Theme Park are ranked at 12th and 20th respectively.
In other award categories, the Niagara Falls American-Side Tour with Maid of the Mist Boat Ride in New York took first place for Sailing and Day Cruises, while the Red Dunes ATV, Sandsurf, Camels, Stargazing and BBQ 5-stars at Al Khayma Camp in Dubai was named the best bucket list experience.
“Experiences turn travelers into adventurers, connecting them to the local community and giving them unforgettable stories for years to come,” said Kate Urquhart, general manager of experiences at Tripadvisor know.
“With over 300,000 bookable experiences in more than 250,000 destinations worldwide, Tripadvisor gives people access to the best things to do globally, and we’re committed to expanding the number of tours and attractions it on every destination.
“These awards are testament to the businesses dedicated to ensuring that the Tripadvisor community enjoys the most memorable trips, and we are grateful to everyone who took the time to share their reviews and help those who need it. travel companions planning their next trip.”
Top 10 experiences in the world
- Grand Circle and Haleiwa Island Tour, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Thai cooking course, Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Ubud Tour – The Best of Ubud, Ubud, Bali
- Red Dunes ATV, Sandsurf, Camel, Stargazing and BBQ, Dubai, UAE
- Best DMZ 3rd Intrusion Tunnel Tour From Seoul, Seoul, South Korea
- Reykjavik Food Walk – Local Foodie Adventure, Reykjavik, Iceland
- Luxury guided sightseeing canal cruise Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Angkor Wat sunrise tour, Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Guided Snorkeling Tour San Juan, San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Hanoi Jeep Tours, Hanoi, Vietnam
Top 10 UK experiences
- Historic Pub Walking Tour in London, London
- High-speed Thames River Cruise, London
- Chocolate Chocolatarium Tour Experience in Edinburgh, Edinburgh
- Tour for Muggles, London
- Famous Black Taxi Belfast, Belfast
- Visiting Celtic Park Stadium, Glasgow
- Oxford University Walking Tour with University Alumni Guide, Oxford
- The Jack The Ripper Walking Tour, London
- Silent Disco musical walking tour in West End, London
- Innocent walking tour in Glasgow, Glasgow
Top 10 attractions in the world
- Basilica of Sagrada Familia, Barcelona, Spain
- Colosseum, Rome, Italy
- Anne Frank’s House, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Dubai Fountain, Dubai, UAE
- Empire State Building, New York City, NY
- Museum d’Orsay, Paris, France
- Eiffel Tower, Paris, France
- Trevi Fountain, Rome, Italy
- Central Park, New York City, NY
- Plaza de Espana, Seville, Spain
Top 10 attractions in the UK
- Royal Yacht Britannia, Edinburgh
- National Gallery, London
- Tower of London, London
- The National Museum of Scotland, Edinburgh
- British Museum, London
- Edinburgh Castle, Edinburgh
- Tower Bridge, London
- Roman Baths, Baths
- York Cathedral, York
- The Real Mary King’s Close, Edinburgh